Mid-point Jam Camp
NBCMS Mid-Point Jam Camp
We're trying something new. After many requests for a mid-year Jam camp, we're introducing the Mid-point Jam Camp
What: A Jam Camp!!!
When: May 7th - 8th, 2016. Arrive 11:00am.
Where: Gull Lake Centre (Map)
Cost: $135.00 includes 3 meals, one night shared accommodation, snacks, coffee and tea.
As an alternative, for those who will not be staying over:
The Mid-Point Jam Camp Drop-In rate is $70. That will cover your lunch & Supper
and facility rental for the day. We would like to maintain the Jam Camp
experience of community and request that participants arrive near the start time
of noon on Saturday, you are welcome to stay as late as your fingers and voice
Driving From Calgary
If Northbound on Highway 2, turn WEST on Highway 12 (Bentley exit) and drive for 10km to Junction 792 (Lincoln Road). Turn NORTH (right) and drive for 5 km to McLaurin Lane. Turn left and follow the signs!
Driving From Edmonton
If south-bound on Highway 2, turn WEST on Highway 53 (Rimbey Exit) and drive for 20km to Junction 792 (Lincoln Road). There is a school and gas station on this corner. Turn SOUTH (left) and drive for 19 km to McLaurin Lane. Turn right and follow the signs!
Please check-in around 11am on Saturday May 7th.
You name tag, and room assignment will be waiting.
Lunch is at Noon with a Meet & Greet to follow.
- Your instrument (s). Bring as many as you can use for jamming.
- Music stand, tuner, pencil & paper. Optional.
- A pillow & sleeping bag or bedding. Clean, comfortable beds are provided but without bedding. Beds have a night table for belongs to be stored.
- A towel & personal toiletries. Shared washrooms have several shower stalls each. Washrooms are designated men or women. There are plug ins for razors and blow dryers.
- Ear plugs. ( if required)
- Pair of indoor shoes in case the weather is wet.
- A travel mug. ( just a suggestion )
- Your song book. Camp is a great place to try out your songs and to collect songs you would like to learn. Songbooks are handy at the circle.
- Extra strings, picks and capos.
Please contact me if there is something you wish to bring but are unsure. Anna 780-718-3070
The Gull Lake Center has requested campers to refrain from bringing alcohol.
NBCMS Mid-Point Jam Camp
Saturday May 7th
11:00 am REGISTRATION
Pick up your name tag.
Set up your room.
Tune up, pull out your songbook.
12:00 pm LUNCH
12:45 pm MEET & GREET
in the Green Room
1:00 pm JAMMING STARTS
In any of the 4 Jamming rooms.
Jam outside on the veranda.
5:30 pm SUPPER
7:00 pm BAND SCRAMBLE
No way out of this, it will be fun like it or not!
8:45 pm SNACK
Jam, Jam, Jam and ….Jam.
Sunday May 8th
8:00 am CEREAL & YOGURT – Green Room
For early risers or refreshment for anyone still up jamming.
10:30 am BRUNCH
11:45 pm Still time for jamming.
1:30 pm GATHER UP & SAY GOODBYE.
2:30 pm ON THE ROAD HOME.
Drive home pleased that you got to enjoy another weekend making music with like minded friends.
Jamming….it’s a good thing
NBCMS Mid-Point Jam Camp Payment
If you would prefer to pay via Cheque, please bring it to the jam. Cheques to be made out to "NBCMS".